Last year Ann wrote a blog post about how AHS aligns with the annual survey done by The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) about worldwide trends in the health and fitness industry, and we checked 17 out of the 20 top Worldwide Fitness Trends for 2018! You can read her post here: (https://www.activehealthsolutions.ca/post/trends-in-health-and-fitness). After reviewing the top 20 for 2019, we still check 17, but the list is a bit different this year.
The trends we follow that are included in both the 2018 and 2019 top 20 are group training, fitness programs for older adults, bodyweight training, employing certified fitness professionals, yoga, personal training, functional fitness training, Exercise is Medicine Canada, health/wellness coaching, exercise for weight loss, mobility/myofascial devices, and small group personal training. We still provide all of these services, plus we match the following new trends of 2019:
· High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): Excel, Weight Loss Class, and Grit – our brand new class – all incorporate elements of HIIT, giving our participants fun and challenging options to help them increase their strength, cardio, and endurance.
· Worksite Health Promotion and Workplace Well-being Programs: The AHS team is passionate about practicing self-care, and you can often catch us foam rolling on a wall in the studio, but that’s not the only way we follow this health and fitness trend. Ann is now offering off-site Health Seminars, including speaking at businesses about how to keep their employees living with vitality so they can not only enjoy their lives right now, but also enjoy a happy and healthy retirement!
· Outcome Measurements: This trend is about accountability, through defining and tracking our fitness levels and outcomes. We offer free Movement Screens at AHS to give our participants an idea of where they are at in their health and fitness journeys. We can re-do these tests at any point and compare to previous results so you can track your progress!
· Licensure for Fitness Professionals: This is a trend in the fitness industry for more regulations of fitness professionals such as personal trainers, which we are fully supportive of, with our AHS team being comprised of Exercise Professionals with the gold standard of exercise science and personal training in Canada.
· Post-Rehabilitation Classes: These are exercise programs specifically designed for patients with chronic health conditions such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, Parkinson’s disease, and stroke recovery, which are generally outside of a medical referral… sound familiar? Here at AHS we cater to the needs of clients with complicated medical conditions like these with classes created by and taught by our Certified Exercise Professionals. We have the education, expertise, and experience needed to safely and effectively help our participants move more in order to improve their health and wellness!
At Active Health Solutions we are changing the way health and fitness is being done in Prince George. We are offering options that are outside of the usual gym setting, with our programming assuring safety, support, and comfort for anybody who joins us. With the highest level of expertise in the industry we can confidently offer the most comprehensive, leading-edge, and accessible fitness programs in Northern British Columbia. So, be a trend-setter and join us at Active Health Solutions!